Moving in Buenos Aires

I awoke at 8:30am today feeling surprisingly refreshed and unperturbed about the day ahead. "Nothing special to do today" - I thought as my muddled brain started the 300 slow steps until it kicked into gear, usually after 15 slaps of the alarm snooze button and finally fuelled by ferouciously extra strong black coffee and peace n' quiet to read the news and a few blogs.

"Don't you have to go to get your extra passport pages?" muttered her indoors.
"F%&K!" I replied - "completely forgot!
Ah but Relax - I had an hour to shower, dress, have breakfast, print out the application form, fill it out ( or do you fill it in?) and travel 30 minutes in rush hour traffic to get to the embassy for the appointment.

OK - maybe I could cut a few corners - Print the form and fill it in - that took 30 minutes!
Shower, breakfast, peace n' quiet would have to wait. I managed to arrive only 5 minutes late and 90 minutes later was in possession of 10 extra pages on my US passport for no charge!

Yes - It's true, aswell as being an Irish Paddy, I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy. That was my reward for ten years spent in the US of A. I suppose I'm an Irish American if you will!

Meanwhile it's only 13 hours until we move countless boxes and furniture into a van (flete) and move from Caballito, into a new place 30 minutes away in the neighbourhood (barrio) of San Telmo. Needless to say - it's a bit hectic (understatement). Catch you on the flip side!

p.s. Phew! - Thank goodness we don't hoard shoes, clothes, books, photos, cuddly toys and what not or I'd be absolutely livid and stressed out right now!!!



Tags: Passport, US embassy, visas, Moving, Flete, Moving in Buenos Aires,
Moving to Buenos Aires, Moving to Argentina ,How to move, San Telmo, Caballito


.

11 comments:

Anonymous,  August 30, 2008 1:11 am  

So you need a passport to get into San Telmo then, or am I missing something?

Baino August 30, 2008 2:26 am  

God, don't envy you Quickie . . .typical bloke though arranges to get his extra passport pages on the day he's moving . . .sure you're not dodging the packing? (mmm. . smart move perhaps!)

Megan August 30, 2008 2:10 pm  

I wish I needed 10 extra pages in my passport!

Have fun moving (weird that you and VE are moving at the same time) and I'm sure you will let us know if anything hilarious happens.

Cheers from your fellow citizen.

Miercoles de Porron August 30, 2008 8:05 pm  

buena maestro, gracias por pasarte

Anonymous,  August 31, 2008 11:02 am  

Jaysus, you'll be coming to Ireland for St Patricks day looking for the roots of your "Clan" and shit now.

Thriftcriminal September 01, 2008 3:01 am  

Best of luck with the logistics

Anonymous,  September 01, 2008 4:02 pm  

Have a nice trip and good luck ;)

Anonymous,  September 02, 2008 9:53 am  

Hey, Hope it's going well. Sounds a bit hectic for me!
Tom

Anonymous,  September 03, 2008 10:00 am  

Nope, nope, nope, no more moving for me...still can't find my third child from the last one, but I do keep hearing noises form the attic...rather you than me!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) September 03, 2008 5:55 pm  

@ Primal: I don't but you'd need one if you wanted to go there.

@ Baino: Packing was 90% done but yeah coul've been better timing in hindsight

@ Xbox: Guilty as charged

@ Megan: funny old world VE moving same time - no dramas thankfully

Miercoles: Welcome - and thanks for returning the visit

@ Maxi: golly gosh darn yes indeedy

@ Thrifty: Thanks - went smoothly glad to say

@ George: Thanks and welcome!

@ Burntmaze: Welcome - yes I don't recommend this as a hobby

@ Queenie: That's Anne Frank in the attic - leave her alone!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP