TEA is EVIL!

Ah g’won, you’ll have a cup of tea, ya will, ya will , ya will!
The family custom when I was a wee lad was, at about 10pm for us all to gather in the living room after studying (playing battleships) etc to have a good old cup of tea and a biscuit (cookie) and watch TV. The ITV news at ten was the usual choice. Sometimes a movie on BBC2 would be in order but if any nudity presented itself (as it often did on BBC2) then it was literally curtains and “away to bed with all yiz!”

One night while munching the cookies and balancing my cup of black tea on my knee (I don’t drink milk for reasons previously mentioned) the unthinkable happened. The cup tumbled and the entire contents splattered all over my delicate dangly bits. I screamed like any man would, who had just had piping hot water scalding his privates. It hurt like a bastage!

Me Ma jumped up with genuine concern. Me Da asked if I wanted a ‘hot drop’ and my brother rolled on the floor with laughter. I was reminded of this episode recently as a friend experienced something similar, but faired worse than I, and ended up in the emergency room. Take it from me - TEA IS EVIL !

Tags: cup of tea argentina, tea time buenos aires, injury tea

If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates via email or RSS reader (Top Right)

11 comments:

a. September 11, 2008 11:43 pm  

tea is a gift from the heavens.
love the "me da"
reminds me of my dad drunk on whiskey and talking in brogue like he wasn't born in california.

Megan September 12, 2008 12:14 am  

Plus he's half German anyway...

(Yeah, that's me sis)

Anonymous,  September 12, 2008 2:51 am  

I was recently reminded of a similar emergency when I was a wee lad which featured a zip and something getting caught... I'lls ay no more

Baino September 12, 2008 6:12 am  

Aww not funny getting scalded on the ganooglies . . .siblings are such support at these times! Annie, my dad did the same thing, then he'd fall asleep and no amount of love or money could loosen the vice like grip on his whiskey glass! I'd volunteer to kiss it better Quickie but . . only if jewellery is involved!

Anonymous,  September 12, 2008 6:21 am  

I feel your pain, literally.

When I was younger I accidentally set fire to my parents bed, with me in it.

If my little nuts had had hair on them it would have been singed right off, but I was left with some nice scars.

Chicks only dig certain kinds of scars, by the way.

Martin September 12, 2008 1:57 pm  

would you not wear trousers?

Broke But Still Drinking September 12, 2008 3:52 pm  

Is hot tea on the testicles better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick?

Anonymous,  September 12, 2008 5:40 pm  

Ooh, exceedingly ouchsome. Clearly your mum was not following the commercial practice of placing a "Warning, hot liquid" notice on the side of the cup. Presumably that's the reason you now wear asbestos underpants at all times.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) September 13, 2008 12:00 am  

@Annie Ha: Howdy Megans sis - Welcome!

@Megan: German Irish - Beer double trouble!


@Conortje: watched Something about Mary movie tonight and still cringing -

@Baino: You've been hitting the chardy again - I can tell!


@Maxi: burnt chestnuts sell for a song these days



@Xbox: couldn't afford the luxury back then :-(


@Broke: Poke in the eye anyday


@Nick: I only drink Long Island Ice Tea nowadays

a. September 13, 2008 1:20 am  

quickroute/meg-
"Um, I'm Irish-German. It's just in my blood." No idea how many times I've said that...

baino-
at least yours just had a glass, my dad used to do that with a lit cigarette...

ah, good times...

Nomadic Matt September 13, 2008 11:53 pm  

i just had a sympathy pain....ouch

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP