HELP - I've lost my Blogging Mojo!

The facts from an Irish blogger git who has sadly lost his way:
  • I've been posting less and less bloggy stuff.
  • I'm at a loss for stuff to waffle about, not that there ain't stuff goin' on.
  • I've been finding it difficult to make time to visit other blogs.
  • When I do visit other blogs - I'm lost for inspiration on what to leave as a comment.

This blog started as Paddy in BA (aka Buenos Aires).
Life thows some curve balls so now I find myself in Hong Kong and hence the blog has now morphed into 'Paddy in Buenos Asia'.

I started the blog as a way to capture (for my own record) the adventure of a Irish bum in South America. The blog sort of took on a life of it's own when one day a random stranger left a comment. This threw me for a loop - Wait! people not only read blogs but comment too?

Thus began my immersion into blogging where I discovered there is a sub culture of peeps out there who blog regularly and read and comment on other blogs. I've actually met and befriended good people thru the blog. In fact no regrets and no negative interactions there apart from that Nigerian prince who needed my help to claim his family fortune!

For some there is a bit of a blogger currency of you comment on my blog and I'll comment on yours (a category I find myself guilty of :-( - honest but not proud of that) but for others they just have the need to express and/or be acknowledged and more power to them I say.

Whatever the reason I think blogging is great - period...but..

It seems I've just lost my blogging mojo right now so would appreciate if you could email embarrassing photos of your friends and relatives I can post up here and leverage (i.e. they will pay to retrieve)

Maybe I am homesick? - ah yes I miss home, the weather etc etc etc!

Photo: Lovely Irish Weather
Tags: .HELP - I've lost my Blogging Mojo!..


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

17 comments:

ellie May 24, 2009 3:21 pm  

I hope your mojo comes back to you soon. I quit writing my blog about a year ago ( due to an impending and still longed for divorce) but i still miss the interaction with other bloggers, hence I have started mooching about and dropping off the odd comment here and there.

If it makes you feel any better, it's been sunny in Belfast today, the 3rd sunny day in 5 months. Careful what you wish for.

Martin May 24, 2009 3:33 pm  

Quit yer whinging.

I like your expat/travel stuff, giz more of that.

TCL May 24, 2009 5:02 pm  

Funny I now read, write, and comment less now that I am sin trabajo and on my journey through South America. But yours I enjoy tremendously and I'm pleased to have shared a few pints with you in BA.

Static May 24, 2009 8:37 pm  

That sub culture of peeps out there who blog regularly and read and comment on other blogs (especially those 20 thousand word essays) are referred to as Mojo Stealin' No Life Havin' Losers..or simply "geeks"..like myself.

B May 24, 2009 10:04 pm  

I find denial works perfectly craply.

Megan May 25, 2009 1:45 am  

My mojo ebbs and flows. Sometimes I wonder why the hell anyone bothers to read my stupid blatherings. Other times I wonder what I would do without those people who read my stupid blatherings.

Anyway. Always happy to see your big green face in my box. ;)

Thriftcriminal May 25, 2009 2:31 am  

Ah it'll come back. Meanwhile, you could fall back on the hot-chicks approach, I realise you are no longer in hot-chick TV central, but Asia has much to offer too, I suspect :-)

Anonymous,  May 25, 2009 4:25 am  

If mojo or talent were needed for blogging, they'd have stopped me a long time ago.

Stalk a ladyboy or two, but make sure to get tested regularly.

nick May 25, 2009 4:32 am  

I'm sure the inspiration will come back, not to worry. Tell us more about life in Hong Kong, what you're enjoying and not enjoying, what bizarre food you've been offered, the local customs, the local scandals. And a few scantily-clad ladies if you must....

Anonymous,  May 25, 2009 7:14 am  

until you find your mojo keep the photos going!

Anonymous,  May 25, 2009 7:15 am  

the following has me worried:

Always happy to see your big green face in my box. ;)

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) May 25, 2009 8:03 am  

@Ellie: I enjoyed your blog - but I understand it can be difficult to maintain when you are distracted with other things

@Xbox: I'll see what I can muster up

@TCL: Strange how more time is less time - enjoying following your adventure too and pity we didn't have more time for more pints

@Static: Were all geeks and proud of it

@B: Denial it is then

@Megan: My big green face will be back in your box real soon! - wait that sounds a bit rude?

@Thrifty: I'll do some research for ya - in the name of ...research!

@Maxi: Ladyboys are a bit scarey - I think they'd be the stalkers

@Nick: Good suggestions - will take on board

@Anony1: More photos cming right up

@Anony2: LOL - Classic! - I think I just found my mojo again :-)

@Ellie: Anony should have a blog of his own no?!

Stevo May 25, 2009 5:00 pm  

I'm exactly the same. My mojo is gonzo. Maybe I need a holiday.

Things seem to go like that sometimes. It's like the entire blogophere needs a rest.

Hit 40 May 25, 2009 10:00 pm  

It'll pass. Chill and have some sex....

Feel better now?

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) May 26, 2009 11:31 am  

@Stevo: Happens to the best of us I guess

@Hit 40: Yep - all better now - thnx Dr Drew!

Baino May 26, 2009 9:09 pm  

I'm guessing the one in the blue bikini is the goalie! Nevermind Quickie, you'll get your mojo back . . .sometimes a rest is as good as a holiday!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP