Food Mathematics for Dummies

Cooking can be time consuming.  All that prep time, washing, chopping, slicing, boiling, roasting, frying and simmering. After all that it gets eaten in a just a few minutes and tomorrow you have to do all the prep again.  Fast food or take out is tempting but not recommended .  I like to cook once every two weeks but eat a home cooked meal every night. This is my 'fried' and tested formula. Watch and Learn!



[2 Kgs Lean Minced Beef] 
+
[2 x Large Onions (Diced)] 
+
[2Ltrs Tomato sauce] 
+
[Seasoning (lots)]
[Heat it all in a large saucepan] 

= [Monday - Spaghetti Bolognaise]
+ [Tuesday - Chilli con Carne (add baked beans)]
+ [Wednesday - Penne Pasta & meat sauce]
+ [Thursday - Chilli Hot Dog]
+ [Friday - Baked Potato with Chilli] 
+ [Saturday  -  Chilli with toast]
+ [Sunday  -  This]
 
+
 
+ (if Pepto doesn't work take a swig of this)
= [Next week - Monday-Sunday - Salad]

[Repeat as necessary]

So what do you cook and how often?


Tags: .Food Mathemics for Dummies..


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

4 comments:

Baino April 22, 2010 4:41 pm  

Oh there's so much more. Hamburgers, meat balls,lasagne, san choy bow, tacos, shepherds pie. I am the queen of 'a million ways with mince'. Poverty=creativeness. (I bought a new toilet seat last week, if I'd seen that one, I'd have paid extra!)

nick April 23, 2010 3:21 am  

That's a very efficient way of cooking. I don't cook often because Jenny loves cooking and doesn't consider my efforts nearly good enough! I have one or two tried and trusted recipes, including courgette pasta bake and carrot and kidney bean chili, which I wheel out when Jenny can't be arsed to cook or she's away somewhere.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) April 23, 2010 2:26 pm  

@ Baino: You've just doubled my diet options - thank you!

@ Nick: Those sound pretty good to me - the shoe is on the other foot in my casa - I is the cook - she apparently wears the pants (according to her)

ellie May 23, 2010 6:44 am  

It's been a while since Ive been here. Good to see that your adventure continues.
This post reminded me of a recipe book I used to own, 101 things to do with mince. I did all if them, some of them many times. I stopped when I noticed cows backing away fom me with a fearful look in their eye.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP