Welcome (Back) to the Big Apple

It's been a while since the last update but as they say - Time flies when you're having fun and sometimes you have to fly before you get to have some fun, but these days flying ain't much fun, with ash clouds and security checks and baggage allowance restrictions and.....etc etc but I digress as usual.




I've been doing a lot of flying of late.  I left Hong Kong two weeks ago and had a great time visiting  family and friends in Dublin and London before finally touching down in what will be my new home, New York aka the Big Apple. I lived here before from 1995-2005 so it's not exactly a new home but it's refreshing being back on familiar turf and reconnecting with some old friends.


I've also finally rejoined the rat race after an extended absence so can no longer have a legitimate claim to being a feckin' 'bum' :-((    P.S. - If I owe you money then take a ticket and wait your turn.


If you google 'Paddy in BA' then this ol' humble blog (paddyinba.blogspot.com) is #1 top spot as it started way back as a way to chronicle my adventures as 'Paddy in Buenos Aires' and then morphed into 'Paddy in Buenos Asia' and now hither forth shall be known as 'Paddy in the Big Apple'.  I hope to NOT 'Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today' - anytime soon!


Tags: ..Paddy in the Big Apple.
If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

13 comments:

wandermom June 04, 2010 12:33 am  

Love the way you conveniently manage to park yourself somewhere which matches your "BA" abbreviation every time :)

TCL June 04, 2010 1:27 am  

Welcome back to the US!

Stevo June 04, 2010 1:28 am  

Have fun. HK misses you.

nick June 04, 2010 5:14 am  

I look forward to your new series "Great One-Day Hikes in Manhattan". With hilariously mistranslated signs. Or alternatively your discovery of the world's greatest deli in Soho and the stunning fashionistas in Fifth Avenue. Enjoy your return to NYC.

y2kemo June 04, 2010 9:10 am  

Look forward to hanging out. Maybe. Kind of. Probably not. But possibly.

Baino June 04, 2010 6:58 pm  

Ah so this is the mystery destination and what a destination to land in! Never been but doesn't mean I won't go. Congrats on the job, shame about the rat race but something has to pay for all your travels I guess. And I for one am very pleased you're not leaving today. Cheers :)

Diarmuid Hayes June 08, 2010 11:28 am  

Best of luck! Saludos desde Madrid!

Thriftcriminal June 09, 2010 3:37 am  

Great, now all postings of hot chicks by you will sound (in my head) like Janice from Friends. Best of luck sir! And pint next time you are in Dublin.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) June 09, 2010 8:30 pm  

Thanks to everyone for the best wishes

Anonymous,  June 12, 2010 6:49 am  

Good luck Paddy from Dublin in the big apple

Maya June 14, 2010 6:04 pm  

Just got in from the Outback and found out where you've moved to. Looking forward to following your hiking and life adventures on the other side of the world.

Nomadic Matt June 18, 2010 1:27 pm  

I'll be moving to nyc next week. see ya there!

Anonymous,  June 30, 2010 11:13 pm  

I hope this new job won't keep you from blogging. I've finally made it to South America!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP