Compensation for NO Movies/Music on United UA846

My wife and son are finally home and flew (Business Class) from Buenos Aires, Argentina to Newark, New Jersey on United flight UA846 a few days ago (January 19th). The outbound flight was great but the return not so great.  I splurged 117,500 miles for her return ticket. In fairness I earned those miles for free via 'the knowledge'.  The entertainment system was out of service for the entire 11 hour return flight. United offered this option (take it or leave it) as compensation via email.

a.) 7,000 miles or b.) $100 e-voucher or c.) 10% off an economy fare

I'm glad they are at least making an effort to compensate but not sure it's quite enough - thoughts?
Tags: ..Compensation for NO movies/Music on United UA846..
If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

4 comments:

MidCentModFan,  January 25, 2013 9:58 am  

This goodwill gesture seems very low for an international business class flight of 11 hours. I have received more than this amount on a domestic flight when the entertainment system would only play in Spanish. Do you or your wife have status with UA? I'd contact customer service and ask for a better offer. I'd recommend approaching it from the perspective of a mother with a child with nothing to keep them entertained with for 11 hours. Good luck!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 25, 2013 7:17 pm  

@ MidCentModFan: thanks - I'll try for a bump up on the comp ;-)

Baino January 25, 2013 9:40 pm  

I agree, not much cop for a Business Class traveller. Then better than nothing I guess. I recently flew to NZ and found more passengers used their iPads than the on board entertainment anyway. Perhaps they should just invest in a stack of those!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 25, 2013 9:49 pm  

@ Baino: I think a few airlines are already going that way but with a little planning - you raise an interesting point - who needs the airline entertainment - they do have movies currently in the cinema so for me that's the draw

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP