The Love Shack is a little ol' place, where, we can be together

It's quite common here for your kids to live at home with you,until they get married or shack up with someone. So you could be sharing your home with your 31 year old daughter or forty-something year old son if they haven't got lucky. Jaezus, I think I'd go postal. I'm thinking both sides of the equation here. If I'm the kids now, having to share a house 24/7 with your parents, till your 30 to 40 would drive me over the edge. Wasn't it the Menendez twins that 'off'ed' there parents and who could blame them.

Parents Question: "What sort of time do you call 4am to be out on a Friday night?"
Gobshite Answer: ".....eh....errr...... normal?!!"

But now that I'm pushing forty meself, I have to empathise with the ol' 'blue rinse crew'. I mean, all they want is a good nights sleep and a bit o' peace n' quiet and maybe some bingo every now n' again. Not, I repeat, NOT, loud drum n' bass pumping at full pitch in the wee hours and toilet doors slamming at all hours. They say the most difficult years for parents AND kids are the teengage years, so I've already decided, my kids (if my lads are swimmers), are OUT on their ear at 11 years old. If a ten year old Somalian kid can join an army and fire a rocket launcher, surely an 11 year old Paddy/Argie prodigy can shovel shite down the stables and earn a living and contribute to his parents upkeep. Away with ya now to the stables for the night, ya ungrateful wee nipper and don't forget to bring me the newspaper and a six-pack on your way back from confession tomorrow morning, may God have mercy on your soul.


Photo: Love Hotel - pay by the hour

Which brings me to the point of this post. - They have these hotels here called 'Love Hotels' for the couples without their own place, that want a bit of privacy and maybe some 'nookie' tonight. They charge by the hour and are mostly found in quiet streets in suburban neighbourhoods. Just look for the tell-tale trees outside the main exit, which is supposed to give some privacy to those exiting stage left in case mummy or daddy or real spouse is driving by at the wrong time.

8 comments:

Julia January 31, 2008 7:35 pm  

Hi, just found your blog. I'm a fellow ex-pat from the U.S. discovering BsAs as well.

I was amused at the "love shacks" myself, although your photo is the first time I've actually seen one.

I also have a blog, with my experiences about the city.

www.evansgate.blogspot.com

Cheers,

Julia

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) February 01, 2008 11:11 am  

Julia, I kept seeing the 'love schacks' as I was in a taxi usually late at night so never had the opportunity to take a photo but stumbled on one near where we live the other day - I couldnt resist checking the website in the photo either which gives details on promos and discount vouchers you can print off, not to mention frequent client discounts!

Cheers, Quickroute

Damien Moran February 16, 2008 3:09 pm  

funny stuff alright. u shud do a photo essay. Hang out for a half hour across the road (anymore and people would probably call the police and u'd be nailed for being a pervert), take pics of couples goin in and out (blank their faces opf course or u may be in for a lot shit from unhappy people hiding some secrets) but most importantly observe their behaviour (happier going in than out); age differences/levels of covert action (extra-marital affairs); etc.

It must be a real pain in the ass for Japanese parents - I've read spoilt daughters in particular (I'm sure the same is true for sons too) have a tendency to hang on for ages and not move out - the only thing is, given that the average of a Japanese person is something in the region on 178, then sons and daughters probably only start standing on their own two feet when their 79! Scary thought, huh!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) February 17, 2008 2:08 pm  

Damien,

sounds like an interesting project alright. Problem is 90% of the activity is at night so it'll be difficult unless I'm stalking people like the paparazzi and a good flash.. ('camera' that is! - not exposing myself :-) )
.....and exactly how do the Japanese maintain their youthful looks? Hopefully nothing to do with the whales or dolphins they're butchering. hmmm...I fancy sushi tonight
!

Soulskier March 28, 2008 9:45 pm  

The Mrs. and I used a "Telo" once when my mom was staying in the apartment with us. Mirrors onthe ceiling, pink champagne on ice, the whole shabang. It wasn't as cheesy as I thought it was going to be.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) March 29, 2008 2:20 pm  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous,  January 06, 2009 5:50 pm  

hilarious! Im with the Somalis..only 7 years left! yippee!! ;) fuera paddyargie!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 07, 2009 1:08 am  

@ Diarmuid: Have you bought the gun yet? I hear their on sale!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP