I'm Going POSTAL!



I got a little notice from the post office (Correo Argentina) the other day to let me know they tried to deliver a registered letter but I wasn't home. In actual fact, I never left the house all day so that was a big fat lie. Mr Postman just couldn't be arsed ringing the buzzer. The notice said I had to come and pick up the 'package' from the local sorting office. There was no option to have them redeliver but that's fine I'll go and stretch my legs.

Twenty minutes there, take a number, twenty minute wait, show drivers licence as id, twenty minutes back. The 'package' was in fact a letter from the post office. Hmm... why are the post office sending me registered letters? The letter was a notice from the international sorting office advising me that I have a 'package' to pick up. W.T.F. - Why didn't you just let me know that in the first place!

So I head to the international sorting office downtown. Forty minutes there by subway and walking, take a number, forty minute wait, show drivers licence as id and...

  • Surly Bored Postal Worker: - "You need to show a passport."
  • Me: - "huh!...I just showed my drivers licence to pick up a registered package this morning so why do I need to show a passport now"
  • Surly Bored Postal Worker: - "That was a domestic package, this is an international package."
  • Me: - "W.T.F. why didn't you let me know this?"
  • Surly Bored Postal Worker: - "We did, it's in the tiny fine print on the back of the notice near the bottom."
  • Me: - "F$%&8@#&{~>?{}][%%#!!!!" x 10
  • Me: - "So I need to come back tomorrow, forty minutes by subway and walking, take a number, forty minute wait, show Passport as id and then I get my package right?"
  • Surly Bored Postal Worker: - "No, this line is just to show id. We then give you another ticket with a number and you go into the next room with 300 people and wait for your number to be called"
  • Me: - "You're F'in joking right?"
  • Surly Bored Postal Worker: - "Actually no and there's one more thing, you need to pay a 4 pesos admin fee."
  • Me: - "F$%&8@#&{~>?{}][%%#!!!!" x 1000

Roll on tomorrow!

.

19 comments:

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) June 25, 2008 4:18 pm  

Queen of Goob: That's tomorrows fun task of the day. I'm sure with my luck and the great Argentinian bureaucracy there will be more obstacles to overcome!

Baino June 25, 2008 4:57 pm  

Oh Quicky, I IDENTIFIE!!!! Went to the motor registry to register my car yesterday. You have to get a ticket but there are three buttons on the machine depending on what service you're after. Of course I was in a hurry, pushed the wrong button waited 20 minutes to find I was in the 'new licences' queue then had to go back and get another for the 'registration renewal' queue! Fwoooaaaarrr. What was in the parcel? Gawn, spill!

Baino June 25, 2008 4:57 pm  

Oh: PS I sent a parcel to a friend in Ireland on the 8th June . .still hasn't got there!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) June 25, 2008 5:24 pm  

Baino: So at least it isn't just me then.

I haven't managed to get the parcel yet. I need to go back tomorrow for round 2 of this farce.

I'm hoping it's the batch of post that I get forwarded from London and I'm praying I actually do succeed manana!

No surprise on your long delivery time to Ireland. Guaranteed 7 day delivery here = 21 days at the earliest!

Shaunj June 25, 2008 5:27 pm  

My god that could be Poland. Do Argentinian post offices sell a wonderful selection of ladies tights, cigarettes and shampoos also?

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) June 25, 2008 5:33 pm  

Shaunj: I wish!
No here they sell stupidity, bureaucracy, red tape and bad attitude!

Megan June 25, 2008 6:42 pm  

Good luck on tomorrow's odyssey. Wouldn't it be great if you could "live blog" it? (Great for us, that is!)

Anonymous,  June 25, 2008 8:55 pm  

India Arie is great and I highly recommend her. you're right though todays music is about fashion, who has the biggest tits and so on. Forget substance.

Anonymous,  June 26, 2008 7:34 am  

I just had a little scream on your behalf. Really!

Martin June 26, 2008 8:09 am  

Frankly, you have it easy....

I would explain the Dutch way of doing this but my face would explode.
Take my word for it.

Anonymous,  June 26, 2008 8:37 am  

wow! That sounds like a horrid situation. I guess I should go via FedEx if i ever send something to Argentina.

Anonymous,  June 26, 2008 8:51 am  

I'm wetting myself here. Even the pic is hilarious.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) June 26, 2008 12:56 pm  

Megan: I'd like to bring a camera but it would probably be used against me in evidence after I punch someone!

Conortje: Thanks - I had a few BIG screams! :-)

Xbox: If it really is worse than this, you have my sincerest sympathy!

Nomadic Matt: Yeah, I reckon that's the way to go but it's $$$$!

Primal: I'm wetting myself too, with splashes of cold water to calm the rage within!

TotallySpain June 26, 2008 3:08 pm  

It´s the Spanish in them chap. They get it from the Spanish, believe me. Zact same treatment as you get here in Spain. Over 2 weeks ago sent 500 euros worth of train tickets for a client "certified" to Barcelona. Still have not arrived. Client has been and gone so we had to pay for another batch of tickets for him. Despite being certified, correos have no trace of where the tix have gone. Have complained and complained and have still got no where. $·$%%)*+`$$ x 10000

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) June 26, 2008 4:43 pm  

Spain Blog: I'm just back from the post office and have poured myself a large glass of whiskey. I'll have to vent with another post but I'm just speechless and exhausted right now!

Surely your covered by some sort of insurance for that?

Anonymous,  January 18, 2010 3:48 am  

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous,  March 01, 2010 1:09 pm  

She sat up, staring with her nightsight at the outlines of the men around her. Radin, however, turned to face her with a bright smile that showed clean white teeth. Most commonly, those who were truemated fell in love, sometimes instantly sometimes it took centuries. Below her, even more people filed in through the open archway across from her balcony. She fucked all the unmated males. Radins hand at her cheek turned her back to face him. He squeezed her shoulder, his eyes gleaming softly in the absence of light. You didnt falter once, even if you were nervous. She raised her hand and knocked. Tykir sat on the arm of it beside him. Angrily, she dashed tears from her eyes, stepping toward the outer door. Did you mean what you said before? But… At the wrestling match, and before… All this time… He wasnt talking to her. He found her clit and pushed, making her groan and squeeze. Sighing, content, she hugged him close as he rolled over. He shook his head, stepping farther into the room. We enjoyed each other, but the whole aim was to see how Eyrhaen would react. I would cherish any child you had by any man. I havent the time nor the inclination to come up with a spell just now.

frantoo,  March 18, 2010 10:50 pm  

So, I'm dying of curiosity, what did you get at the post office back in June of 2008?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP