My maid refuses to wash my car..

Align Center
..What am I supposed to do?

As reported exclusively on a web forum here in Buenos Aires, a poor unfortunate expat woman is in a bit of a kerfuffle. Her maid has point blank refused to wash the family car and had the audacity to say it is not in her duties to do so. This is the forum link to the post in question.

BA Newcomers

You need to be signed up with the Yahoo group to see the post so I've given you a free guest pass below

id = guestofpaddyinba@yahoo.com
pw = washmycarbitch

The numerous responses on the forum go on to discuss in great detail what course of action this poor woman might be able to take against this horrendous rebellious maid. e.g.
  • Contact the local Maids Union and see if they could help persuade her to wash the car
  • Speak with the Minister for Employment to determine the labour law obligations
  • Pay the maid extra to wash the car - God forbid!
  • Damn the maid to hell and bring the car to a car wash - last resort!
  • Get off your frikkin' lard arse and wash your own car - BEE-ATCH - (suggested by an anonymous Irish expat)

Apparently the maid washed the car for many months before this current outburst of anarchy raised its ugly head and now it appears a revolution is imminent. All across Argentina, maids are uniting and refusing to mix cement, paint barns, shear sheep, lasso cows and other typical maid type stuff that they now consider to be outside of their duties.

These insubordinate, ungrateful heathens are already more than handsomely rewarded for their meager endeavours. Some earn as much as A$10 pesos (US$3.30) an hour, yet they seem determined to pick and choose what they want to do. They plot these schemes as the travel long distances to work, crammed like sardines in overcrowded buses from the far flung suburbs of the city .

Please help support this poor, poor expat woman by leaving a comment (anonymous if you like) on this blog which will be added to a petition to help force this evil uncooperative maid to wash the womans car like she should do. Without your support, more unfortunate expats like her will be driving around in filthy BMW's and that just doesn't seem right. Life can be so unfair!


Tags: .maid duties, Buenos Aires..


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here


.

.

30 comments:

Megan November 13, 2008 12:38 am  

I thought clicking on kerfuffle would help me but it only told me what I already know.

I guess I can't view the discussion without logging into my yahoo account that I don't remember having but apparently they are emailing me my password.

Yoiks, and away!

Anonymous,  November 13, 2008 2:19 am  

the mind boggles...I was thinking that maybe I'd get a maid, find a place nearby for her to stay, just someone to keep my house clean,fix my meals and go away...

Caro November 13, 2008 3:28 am  

I had a similar problem last year when the butler refused to valet the helicopter. I had him thrown in the dungeons and his wife and six children put on the street.

One just cannot find decent help these days.

Anonymous,  November 13, 2008 4:16 am  

Goodness, my heart bleeds for this poor struggling woman, unable to show her filthy vehicles in respectable circles on account of her surly, uncooperative domestic staff. The lower orders really are getting above themselves. A week in the stocks would do them all a power of good, dammit.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) November 13, 2008 9:12 am  

@Megan: I didnt realize you needed a yahoo account - must add a guest login details - its worth it!

@Conortje: and she could fix youe roof!

@Caro: You poor thing - I feel just terrible for you

@Nick: Yes - torture - the first good idea Ive heard all day

@Thrifty: Welcome to expatville

Broke But Still Drinking November 13, 2008 9:57 am  

Don't tell me...are they refusing sexual services as well? That happened to me once. The lady said I walked into the wrong building. I happened into the chiropractor's office instead of the massage parlor.

Thriftcriminal November 13, 2008 12:06 pm  

I wouldn't be allowed a maid that looks like that. Every see One Night at McCools?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boclz41jjPE

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) November 13, 2008 12:14 pm  

@BrokeI hope this story had a 'happy ending'

@TCLyes Robin it's true

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) November 13, 2008 12:26 pm  

@Thrifty: Classic! - she can wash my car anytime

Ed & Jeanne November 13, 2008 8:57 pm  

I think you should send her to my house for a stern spanking!!

PS – You better not miss my post for Fri 11/14. I’m one post shy of 600 and out of those there are only 3 current pictures of VE and NONE of him when he was younger. Ever wonder what teen VE looked like? Here’s your opportunity to find out along with a mega embarrassing meme as well. It’s not pretty.

Anonymous,  November 13, 2008 10:24 pm  

It's really a big problem if all maids refuse to wash the car, But It's possible if they have a union...

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) November 14, 2008 7:06 pm  

@VE: once she's doen spankin' me I'll send her over

@ iWalk: a maid revolution is in full swing

Megan November 15, 2008 4:23 am  

Thanks for the password! Now I am sitting here wondering what the hell I just experienced. I think I need another beer. Too bad I actually have to get up off my own ass to go get it...

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) November 15, 2008 7:58 am  

@ Meagan: you need to move the fridge next to the sofa

Miles McClagan November 15, 2008 5:13 pm  

Brilliant, a maid strike...I'm not the only one who smells a highlarious sitcom...

WanderMom November 15, 2008 10:08 pm  

The injustice of it all.
Imagine! Being forced to drive around in a dirty beemer. What is the world coming to at all.

Baino November 16, 2008 6:21 am  

Aww what's all the fuss about. Just do what Adam does, slather the car in dishwashing liquid and leave it out in a storm. Done and dusted!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) November 16, 2008 10:36 pm  

@ Miles: Yep - Seinfeld been there done that

@ Wandermom: It;s a travestyt to be sure

@ Baino: Now that's youthful ingenuity

Adam Ehad November 20, 2008 5:42 am  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam Ehad November 20, 2008 5:42 am  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous,  November 21, 2008 10:13 am  

My heart goes out to this poor woman!! To think that her maid refuse to wash her car! Who cares about wars and famine when you have this poor soul whose car is dirty.

Diarmuid Hayes January 06, 2009 9:13 am  

wonder will this movement reach Madrid where most assistentes seem to run Spanish families for a pittance every month

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 06, 2009 1:03 pm  

@LoN : absolutely - a clean car is more important than ALL else

@Diarmuid : Revolution will be heading yer way for sure

Robert Joe August 01, 2009 1:06 pm  

Your maid's days are probably over at your place look for a new maid now!

Unknown February 17, 2010 11:27 am  

This is the first time Im visiting your blog.. I was just randomly browsing..Your blog is very good , I am not an expert webmaster but i like your blog as its very simple and understandable.. please keep it up , 10/10 points for the great info..

speed racer February 22, 2010 2:01 am  

yeah you better get a new maid you will wash your car... or you better ask your driver to clean it for her. hehehe

Anonymous,  August 24, 2010 8:55 pm  

This post is a bit old but I was interested enough to post a comment.

I don't see how she can refuse as washing cars is part of my (and most maids) duties.
I wash and clean two cars at least once a week, a motor golf buggy after every game, and also when my employers return after a boating weekend I have to clean the boat, replace linen and replenish used food ,drinks etc.
I do however get a bit more than $3.30 Hr. but if I was to refuse to do as requested I know I would be looking for another job. The one job I do dislike is washing the family pet (large dog) and having to "clean" up after it.
But like the saying goes "if you can't stand the heat, turn on the air conditioner" ;)

(Live in Maid)
Kim.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) August 29, 2010 11:49 am  

@ Kim: Good for you - glad you make a bit more $ too

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP