FREE BEER! - Yes You Heard Right !

I like (actually I love) to go for a quiet pint every now n' then and just stare into the deafening silence and hear the hypnotysing clock on the wall "tick- tock - tick- tock!" There's something therapeutic about it.

When I want to go out for a pint somewhere with some atmosphere, it gets a bit more complicated. For one thing people don't go out here until LATE, VERY LATE! - They eat late, they drink late, they party late. They go to work late! - A city of vampires if ever there was one!

Bars mid week are empty until 11pm so forget about the after work tipple. If your lucky the bar will get some traffic just before midnight.

Clubs don't open at weekends until 1 am and won't be busy until 3am and wrap up somewhere between 7-10am. Siestas are a way of life and one which I've adapted to....zzzzZZZZZZZZZ!

....Where was I? ah yes....

There is an exception however......


From the same person who brought you 24 Hour Alcohol Delivery comes the true story a local bar that is offering the following:

FREE BEER !!!

For Girls : Free beer and free national drinks everyday noon to midnite
For Guys : incredible HAPPY HOUR with free pizza - 3PM-8PM.



Chicas Argentinas
Photos Courtesy of 'El Alamo Bar': Sunday, Monday, Tuesday Night is Bikini Night!

Full Details Here

Address: Uruguay 1175 (between Santa Fe & Arenales), Recoleta

FREE BEER!

FREE BEER! FOR LADIES!

Photos of signs courtesy of Buenos Aires Tours

  • Free Beer for everybody with lunch.
  • Free domestic booze for the ladies until 10pm.

Before I get slapped for being a sexist pig (again) - I am really only doing this as a public service announcement for you thirsty ladies. - SO ENJOY!

Thanks to fellow blogger Julia at Evans Gate for reminding me about this den of inequity.

.

21 comments:

Megan July 01, 2008 3:44 am  

You know, that post title made me think you were just trying to pull in the suckers...but then I saw the pictures and I knew I was right!

Martin July 01, 2008 5:39 am  

I love you man!

**sniff**

Shaunj July 01, 2008 6:54 am  

Give me a smelly snug with some newly released mountjoy inmates for company and a pint of cold blackness any day.

;-)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Queen Goob July 01, 2008 11:40 am  

Do I have to wear a bikini to get the free beer? I mean come on guys, I will, but it wouldn't be pretty because CHRIST not ONE of those girls has given birth to anything bigger than a turd!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) July 01, 2008 2:26 pm  

Megan: You going for a pint then?

Xbox: You're welcome to my Bud Light. Great advert shame about the beer! ;-)

Shaunj: Sawdust on the floor and good vitamin G, now that's a real pub!

Queen Goob: ha ha very true!

Bikini wear is optional, nudity is welcome!

Anonymous,  July 01, 2008 2:54 pm  

Man I love your blog. Save me a Guiness! :)

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) July 01, 2008 3:16 pm  

Lover of Nature: Thanks, I'm putting a can in the fridge for ya!

Baino July 01, 2008 4:57 pm  

Jesus does every woman in Argentina have a body like that? Doesn't beer make you fat? I'm so NEVER going there *sulks self consciously*

Thriftcriminal July 01, 2008 4:58 pm  

So, I'll be booking my flights as soon as I get back to Ireland. What's your address?

SLAP!

Yeah, the missus is still not on board with that idea for some reason.

Anonymous,  July 01, 2008 5:02 pm  

I think after seeing that photo I might have to come for a visit....yeah definetly...

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) July 01, 2008 6:49 pm  

Baino: It must be genetically modified beer or something but it only works on the women as when I drink it the gut just grows and grows!


Thriftcriminal:

*creeps into other room out of ear shot of the missus*

I'd offer you a spot on the sofa but I'm going to need it myself after this post! Sorry gotsta go..

"Yes dear, I'll do the dishes and ironing and laundry and throw out the garbage after I make your dinner!"

Nomadic Matt: Thriftcriminal has first dibs on the sofa but if he fails to escape from under the thumb - you have a slot!

Ed & Jeanne July 01, 2008 9:56 pm  

Do you get a girl with every pint you order?

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) July 01, 2008 11:56 pm  

VE: Let me broach that question on my next visit - thans for giving me an excuse to go again!

Megan July 02, 2008 2:39 am  

Q- I don't mind drinking free beer with asses. Done it all my life...

Anonymous,  July 03, 2008 6:42 am  

hahahaha...beer free...next a date free with every pint?

Cool post...the pix are 2 good

and thanks for your visit...

regards

www.womenpix.blogspot.com

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) July 03, 2008 10:24 am  

Deep: Thanks - That's a novel idea - let me speak with the manager of the bar and see what they think!

Soulskier July 03, 2008 2:13 pm  

We need one of those bars in Bariloche. We already have the booty, they just are a little more covered up!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) July 03, 2008 6:25 pm  

LivinginPatagonia: Sexy women in Ski gear ain't half bad either! and the Apres Ski!

Anonymous,  July 04, 2008 8:23 pm  

do follow links - you rock dude! even beyond the pics of succulent chicas! - One of your articles...I think one of the Post Office series was even written with an Irish accent - that was awesome!

So...I know I've sort of asked before....but this is a bit different. More of an opinion poll...what do you thing the possibility is of finding someone willing to drive me from say El Calafate to Rio Gallegos or maybe even all the way to Ushuaia? I don't want to take the bus cause I want to see this area at my own pace and....well, I'm not having a great deal of luck finding any positive information about buying an automobile

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) July 05, 2008 1:05 pm  

@ Will: You probably would be able to get a lift (generally you contribute to the cost of the fuel) and there should be plenty of locals and tourists do that route but this is unlikely to let you do it at your own pace as you'll be at the mercy of whoever is driving.

How long are you thinking of taking to do both legs i.e. El Calafate to Rio Gallegos and on to Ushuaia? What about a rental car?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP