Monday, 27 December 2010

White Stuff Everywhere

Everybody is talking about snow and ice and cold and when you turn on the news it's nothing but blah blah blah about white stuff everywhere.  I specifically flew south for Xmas to avoid this crap but what happens?....There's feckin' white stuff everywhere here too..







OK - I guess white stuff on the ground isn't always bad... and now Trivia time for Pensacola Beach:

1.) This beach was completely fu(ked by the BP oil spill earlier this year but thankfully has recovered rather well. 


2.) The Native American Indian Geronimo (now there's a real American Hero)  was sent here (Fort Pickens) after his capture.  Must have been quite a contrast from his homeland of New Mexico.  
   
Tags: ..Pensacola Beach, Florida..
If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

9 comments:

Baino December 28, 2010 10:17 am  

Such a show off! Hope you're having a blast. We've barely seen sunshine yet.

Quickroute December 28, 2010 12:36 pm  

@ Baino: I know I shouldn't be rubbin' it in but I'm so happy to have escaped the cold

nick December 29, 2010 4:38 am  

That's the sort of white stuff I like. I don't have to scrape it off my car windows, and it doesn't turn into filthy slush or sheet ice. I want more of the superior brand of white!

Quickroute December 29, 2010 10:39 pm  

@ Nick: but it gets everywhere - blows in your eye - ruins your beach sarnies - moors boats - need I go on?

Megan January 03, 2011 7:32 am  

I like when it gets between my toes.

Quickroute January 04, 2011 8:56 pm  

@ Megan: What about the sand?

Megan January 04, 2011 11:25 pm  

Heh.

New blog is here:

www.toastpalace.blogspot.com

Maya January 05, 2011 12:53 am  

I'm still not sure about that kind of white stuff and Christmas, but I love ringing in the New Year on it. I hope you are off to a great start.

Quickroute January 05, 2011 9:37 pm  

@Megan: Duly noted

@Maya: Thanks - Agree - it's not very Xmas-like - Same to you

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP