Travel Hacking - Tip #5 - Price Mistakes - Carpe Diem

This is more luck and perseverance than a hack.  Sometimes you find a price for a flight, hotel etc online that seems too good to be true.  In some cases it’s a mistake and usually gets corrected within minutes, hours or maybe as long as days. If you find a great deal, you need to act fast. Most companies will honor the price you reserved and booked even if it is an error.


e.g. While booking a weekend car rental last year, I stumbled upon an online rate for Hertz car rental for $19 per day (usually $70+ per day in the NYC metro area).  I thought it must surely be a mistake but I went ahead and block booked every weekend from September until June (when the rate changed back to $70+).   I have been enjoying super cheap rentals for the last six months.  When I don’t need the car, I just cancel but I pick up the car most weekends because it’s so cheap.  I also extended the rental for 2 weeks @ $19 per day over Christmas / New Year.
Since I'm renting so frequently I have Hertz Gold Five Star Status which gives me discounts, free upgrades and more points per rental.


When you find a deal – Carpe Diem – Seize the day!


Check out the rest of my travel hacking tips here..
Tags: .Travel Hacking - Tip #5 - Price Mistakes - Carpe Diem..
If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP