Siem Reap - Angkor Wat, Cambodia


Angkor Wat, Siem Reap


Apart from the Khymer Rouge, Cambodia is probably best known for the temple ruins of Angkor Wat which is a short hop from Siam Reap. If you team up and have 4 people you can hire a large tuk tuk and driver for the day for less than u$d4 each or go solo on a bicycle for u$d2 It's very spread out so I recommend the former as the heat saps your energy even when your fat arse is being chauffered around.

Although the official currency is the Riel the u$d is the money of choice especially for tourists. Unfortunately photos (well my photos) don't do the place justice but trust me this truly is a magical place and worth the hassles of the border crossing from the previous post.






Click map to enlarge



Tags: ..Siam Reap - Angkor Wat, Cambodia..


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

3 comments:

Fida July 20, 2009 1:32 pm  

Well, that first pic is extraordinary! And of course, I like the others to - a nice reminder of the time when I was there, arriving at Siam Reap on a pick up truck from the border of Thailand - I scared myself by looking in a mirror after that dusty trip :):)

Baino July 20, 2009 5:09 pm  

Beautiful in an Indiana Jones neglected kind of way. Love those huge trees. The heat would floor me mind you

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) July 23, 2009 8:14 pm  

@ Fida: I felt bad after a bus trip so I can only imagine how bad the pick up truck was

@ Baino: Tomb Raider was filmed here btw - your right about the heat - nearly kiled me

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP