Monkey Business






After the previous somewhat serious post, I thought I'd lighten things up a little. I like to write and express and talk shite about, well shite mostly. As I was revisiting the pics of our recent Asia trip I realized there was so much I didn't say, capture, express or share (for lack of time - not that I'm not full of shite) so I'd like to start making up for that a little i.e. 'share and care' by way of short posts of photos if that's ok with you? - huh? - I can't hear you?

Without further ado or bullshite - here are some photos from a monkey sanctuary in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. Check the YouTube video I uploaded at the end - these monkeys are well looked after by both the locals and tourists and often fare better than some of the poor towns folk.

Although they are photogenic, I couldn't help thinking they are just rats with more 'cute' appeal. There but for the grace of God go the rest of mankind! - OK - Perhaps I've seen 'Planet of the Apes' one too many times! You be the judge.


Tags: ..monkeys Ubud, sanctuary, Bali..


If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

12 comments:

nick August 25, 2009 12:25 pm  

I prefer gibbons, they're prettier and more agile. In fact Wiki says "they are the fastest and most agile of all tree-dwelling, non-flying mammals". There are some beautiful Moloch Gibbons at Belfast Zoo.

TCL August 25, 2009 2:18 pm  

Well there are angry drunks, ugly drunks, and funny drunks. I'll need a couple drinks to sort out my feelings about these.

Martin August 25, 2009 3:45 pm  

they remind me of my dead nana!

Baino August 25, 2009 3:57 pm  

Not a fan although they're cute at a distance or behind a fence. Very exotic to see them just wondering around tho. I hate it when they pinch your stuff. Very rude!

Stevo August 26, 2009 7:16 am  

Paddy: I hate monkeys. You're right, they are rats with better PR?

I saw a sign in the New Territories, at the 10,000 Buddhas Monastery - Don't feed the wild monkeys.

I won't feed them - I want to eat them. Like Fat Bastard of Austin Power's fame: Get in my Belly!

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) August 27, 2009 2:21 am  

@ Nick: just reminded me of the song "ooh ooh ooh - the funky gibbon" - remember that?

@ TCL - funny drunks are best

@ Xbox: hmmm.. cute family you have

@ Baino: the thieving is agressive and scarey at times

@ Stevo: mmmm monkey brain soup!

@ Maxi: Monkey condoms - now there's a thought

@ Thrifty: Heston at his best

@ Anil: True - we sort of are really

Ed & Jeanne August 27, 2009 11:07 pm  

Know what's better than a monkey flinging poo? Spoofing your blog! It just so happens that your time is up. Yep, your blog will be spoofed on mine on Fri, Aug 28th. I'm so sorry for you...

Broke But Still Drinking August 28, 2009 11:35 am  

Why do we find animals that throw their feces more appealing than those that shit on the floor and walk away?

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) August 28, 2009 11:46 am  

@ VE: oooh a spoof of my site on your site sounds fun

@ Broke: good point Sir - who knows?

Anonymous,  August 28, 2009 10:43 pm  

I hate monkeys

Ema September 07, 2009 10:11 am  

My unfulfilled wish is that I have a monkey for a pet. I often visit the zoo because I am a great lover of animals. Photos and video are great.

Miles McClagan September 10, 2009 8:10 am  

I love monkeys. I wish I had 1ne I could have adventures with...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP