Winter Wonderland

It's hard to motivate yourself to go outdoors in this weather but with cabin fever setting in, I eventually dragged my sorry Irish arse off the sofa and headed out to stretch my legs.  There have been record snow storms in the North East this year and the fact that I've not had to deal with a really cold climate for five years makes it a little tougher. (I may have gotten a bit soft!) The thought that the worst of the weather may yet be to come is scarier still. It does make good photo material however. Check the slideshow below. How's the weather where you are?


  

Tags: ..Winter Wonderland..
If you like what you've read, why not subscribe to updates click here

6 comments:

Megan January 31, 2011 12:48 am  

Wow were you all alone out there?

I like these and I like that the weather here is nothing like that. :)

Thriftcriminal January 31, 2011 4:45 am  

Chilly here this morning, but none of the white stuff about since Christmas, which is nice.

Baino January 31, 2011 2:19 pm  

Awesome. We could do with some here since we're in the middle of a 3 day heatwave in the high 30's, low 40's thank God for aircon at work. Did you meet up with Conor? He alluded to meeting an Argie expat in NY and you came to mind immediately.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) January 31, 2011 7:37 pm  

@ Megan: Not a lot of people out n about which was strange

@ Thrifty: tough winter back home in more ways than one

@ Baino: No but I told him to drop me a line when next he's passin' thru

nick February 01, 2011 2:44 pm  

Like Megan, I noticed the mysterious lack of people. Were they all indoors keeping warm? We had horrendous snow and ice in December but thankfully it's been much milder in January. Roll on, spring. Don't be shy.

Paddy in BA (Quickroute) February 01, 2011 5:19 pm  

@ Nick: Not a soul was out strangely as it wasn't that cold. Another storm warning in effect as I write this. Bring the Spring is right!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive

Latest Posts

Post Widget by Hoctro

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2012

Back to TOP